How to live your live to the fullest even in your 40’s
The Next Act: Living to the Fullest in Your Forties
Entering your forties calls out for your growth as a human being. To make the most of this beautiful chapter in the book of life, you need to have a certain approach. So here are some of the suggestions you can follow to make the forties the best time of your life:
- Re-evaluate your life: According to psychologists, this decade of life is the time when most of the predicaments of life are spiritual rather than mental. It is really important for you to re-assess the choices you want to make from now on.
- Make fitness your priority: This is the age where you become vulnerable to so many health problems. This is the reason why you need to focus on your physical and mental fitness more than anything.
- Go to your favorite destination: It is finally the point where you have to take a trip to a place you have always wanted to go to. Whether it is going to a city of lights, or having a serene time in the lap of nature, now is the perfect time to travel to your dream place.
- Stop delaying the delight: You must have had so many responsibilities in life that giving time to your happiness would have been complicated. But now it’s the time to go easy on yourself make space for the things that make you joyful.
- Practice philanthropy: Even if you are a billionaire, there are so many things that you cannot do all by yourself. The Forties is the time when you try to clear your social debts; to do something for humankind. And this doesn’t just mean writing cheques for charity. Volunteer in social groups and understand ground realities to take a more humane approach.
- Rediscover your passion: You must have obsessed about some hobby like music, writing, playing a sport or any such activity back when the baggage of responsibilities didn’t overwhelm you. Now is the time to go back to your passion and indulge in it as you’ve always wanted to.
- Be more aware: We get so busy in our careers, relationships, and family that we start working like a machine. The forties is the time to undo that and feel every activity a little more. For example, try to listen to the sounds in nature, smell the food you eat, count your steps when you walk, and etc.
- Learn Something New: It could be a new language you have always wanted to speak, or maybe, a short term course on astrology; learning a new skill not only helps you to evolve, but it also gives a sense of achievement and lets you discover the dimension of yourself you never had.
Being in your forties can be a really beautiful thing. It is time to repair the damages that might have been made while giving time to your duties. It is time to rediscover your life.