7 things to consider before buying a Health Insurance
A health insurance is one of the most important decisions of your life, it’s a complicated and tedious and stakes will be high in a matter of life. One must need to consider all the facts and outcome before buying a health insurance. Remember, most of the time medical expenses lead you to bankruptcy or moreover losing your loved one.
- Claim settling: One of the key factors in health insurance market is the rate of claim settling; make sure to find a right insurance which has faster and a higher rate of claim settling, its shows genuineness, and good customer support.
- Co-payment: It’s a simple clause in the policy that dictates, the policyholder had to pay the specified amount when they claim, so if you think your all expenses are covered up, you will get a big bill to pay. This will decrees the amount of fraud claim.
- Sum Insured: Remember to plan ahead while choosing the right amount for health insurance; you are not buying it for today. It’s for the future and as the rate of inflation is getting higher, make sure to choose the higher amount in it.
- Room rent capping: In a matter of emergency, all the decision would be influenced by a doctor and it would be smart move to follow them. So when you had to stay in the hospital for few days, make sure to check room renting policy, cause in this expensive age, covering hospital bill from your pocket is hard. Make sure to find “no limit on room rent” or set the limit higher.
- Network Hospital: Although nowadays every health insurance companies cover all the good hospital, one must need to check the local hospital or the hospital you visit often. Also if you move around much, make sure to check, is that hospital available in all major city?
- Maternity benefits: Maternity expenses are getting very high; make sure to look at some of the factors before applying for like waiting period, sub-limit, outpatient expenses, and exclusion.
- Right adviser: Even when you have well searched the all the policy, there are few hidden clause which we are not aware of, make sure to consult an expert adviser and bought from a right The right adviser will also help you collecting you claim or in any complicated situation.
If you are buying a health insurance for you or your family, you need to learn everything about it, it’s delicate and high stack choice you take which could affect your life. Always keep that in mind about the higher expense of future and plan ahead with the better policy. Secure yourself from all the unpredicted emergency and medical need.