7 Ways to Avoid FEAR of Sleeping Alone at Night
Many of us have to stay alone in an apartment due to certain reasons like working or studying in a different city, difficulty in having to adjust with other people, someone might need their own private life. Whatever may be the circumstances, the problem seems to be the same for most of us. We can’t sleep at night. Whenever the light goes off, we think someone is watching us over from the corner of the hall or from beside the wardrobe. Some of us also hear a hissing sound as if someone is trying to communicate to you from the dark. If you face all these challenges then I have some perfect ideas for you that you can battle your fears with.
1. Switch on the lights while sleeping. If not all lights then probably in those places from where you fear somebody is standing and watching you. If you can’t sleep with lights on then switch off the light of your room but switch on the light of other rooms or halls from where light can peep in. Light brings positivity in your life.
2. Close the Door. Sometimes it is observed that if you close the door of the room in which you are sleeping it helps you minimize the risk of something looking at you from outside the door. You can sleep feeling safe confined in a room with a night lamp on.
3. Pray the GOD you believe in. Take a picture of the GOD you believe in and place it below/beside your pillow. Trust me and believe in the fact that no one can harm you if have your GOD by your side. Praying to GOD before sleep is a good practice. It helps you gain confidence.
4. Listen to music before you sleep. Music takes you to another world, a world created by you. It brings in memories of the past, reminds you of your struggles and how you overcame it. It helps you come out of your fear of sleeping alone until quite an extent. You can also watch a movie if you like.
5. Try to be as much busy as possible for the rest of the day, so that when you try to sleep and the end of the day, you don’t have to put much of an effort.
6. Read Books before you go to sleep. It keeps you engaged for the time you are awake and once your eyes get tired you never know when you fell asleep.
7. Try to talk to someone whom you trust before you sleep. He/Shen might help you to gain much courage to sleep alone at night.
Lastly, it is a human being you should fear rather than an unseen creature. Even if we are aware of all the facts we fail to control our thoughts. Stop hurting yourself and take a sound sleep. You deserve it.
Article By: Sudeshna