Amazing Guide to TikTok Video Marketing
Tiktok is a well-known app in the social world. In 2019 it was the 2nd most free popular application downloaded. All over the world, TikTok is being used in 154 countries. It is hard to believe but it has the highest social media engagement rates per post. That means TikTok is watched more than any other social site. 119 million users are alone from India.
- In India, it has been downloaded 277.6 million times in 2019. Most of the Asian countries are a huge fan of TikTok. Cambodia, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam are a few examples. There are 800 million active users all over the world.
- The original version of TikTok launched it as Douyin in China in September 2016. It took more than 6 months to develop the app. Later on, it got introduced as TikTok into the overseas market. Within a year it hit the records of 13.1 million video views per day.
- TikTok still runs a separate version of the app in China called Douyin. Within China itself there are 400 active users daily. Yes, that’s indeed a huge number.
- TikTok has actually become an international social brand and is now available in 39 languages. It is the most Influencer Marketing Hub on social media. Well, there have been several online sources saying that Tik Tik is available in 75 languages but the supported state display of the language is 39.
- TikTok has been installed on different kinds of devices over 1.9 billion times worldwide. It crossed the 1 billion milestones in February 2019. 44% of TikTok’s downloads occurred in 2019 approximately.
- With the popularity, the earning has also been continuously increasing. As of October 2018, it was earning $3.5 million from in-app purchases. Emojis and digital gifts are the most purchased among them. It has been two years since this data was released. Now, earning must be considerably more.
- 69% of the total revenue is generated from China itself. 20% of the rest is contributed by the USA.
- More than 90% of the downloads have been done from Android devices. The majority is in India where 190.6 million users use the Android version of the application.
- This app is not only famous between youngsters but the age group between 25 to 35 is also a huge fan of it. Especially in India, the older group is more active than the younger ones.
- The data that were available in early march 2020 clearly showed the increasing popularity of TikTok’s app Alexa. Now, Alexa is the 412th most viewed website in the world whereas in 2018 it was on 4778th position. This clearly shows how popular it is getting with time.
- Tik Tok is no longer only a fun video site. People post informative videos as well. Beauty hacks, cooking hacks, general knowledge videos are also being posted on this app. These days a lot of information regarding Covid19 is also available on TikTok.
- In 2019, this app was banned in India because of privacy issues. The legislature of India was worried for its young generation that they may get exposed to inappropriate content. But this ban didn’t last for long. In Spite, it added 15 million new users. This shows it has a huge fan following as well.
As there is no restriction on the type of video you upload on Tik Tok, if used tactfully, it can advertise your venture as well. The content must be clean and appropriate though. You can make a video of your art classes, cookery classes, painting sessions, hair cuts, salon services and upload it on TikTok. You will immediately get a huge market of viewers. You can share your official address or phone numbers on this app. Within no time you will expose your business to numerous people that may add new customers to your list. Everything has a beneficial side if used tactfully.