How to Get Rid of Back Pain with Exercises?
Once in a lifetime, we all experience backache. There are numerous causes to it like sitting for long in a wrong posture, some nerve disturbances, women experience back pain during their menstrual cycle, sometimes because of external injury. If the cause is because of any such reasons, then exercise helps a lot in getting relief. But if it is because of some internal injury or some neurological disorder, medical help is must. You should consult a doctor in any such case. Today we will discuss some exercises and tips on how to get relief from backache.
Some tips for Back Pain
- A good walk on a flat road or a ground proves to be very beneficial for minor aches. Sometimes movement releases the stress built up in the muscles. Make sure you walk on a flat surface. Don’t run, just walk.
- A hot water bag is a great relief for such kind of pain. It provides heat to the muscles. At times back pain is just because of some stiff muscles or cramps in it. As soon as you provide heat to those muscles they relax and you get relief from it.
- Hot oil massage is one more tip for this creepy pain. You can get the message from your family member or you can get professional help as well. Massage has been a good remedy for almost all kinds of pains. It works wonders for back pain as well. Massaging with a local pain reliever ointment can also be beneficial for it.
Exercises for Back Pain Relief
- Lower abs strengthening – it may sound typical but lower ab muscles are directly related to lower back muscles. If you strengthen the ab muscles your lower back muscles gain strength as well. That helps a lot in the relief of pain.
- Bird dog exercise – on a flat surface make a posture of a standing dog. (what we do usually when we play horse with our kids). Then lift your right arm and left leg together. Hold it for 10 seconds. Repeat it with your left arm. Do 5 sets of each. This will retain your back strength and make it healthy.
- Pelvic tilts – Lie on the floor on your back with knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Keep the arms by your side. Very carefully and gently arch your lower back and push your stomach out. Hold this position for 5 seconds. After this, relax for a while. Flatten your back and pull your belly button towards the floor. Hold this position for 5 seconds. Relax. Repeat this in 5 sets.
- Bridge (chakrasan) – this exercise gives all your body muscles a good retainable strength. Especially your back. It will take you a little practice to do this, but with regular practice you can perform this exercise without any hurdle. Lie straight on your back on a flat surface. Bent your knees towards your stomach. Place your palm facing the floor beside your head. Gather all your strength in your thighs and arms and try to lift your body. Make sure most of your weight is on your thighs. With practice, it will improve your back muscles and give you permanent relief from back pain.
- The boat (dhanurasan) – this is one more very good exercise for such kind of pain. It is effective and easy as well. Lie on the floor on a mat on your stomach. Take both your arms back so that you can get hold of your ankles. Lift your chest and pull your ankles in a manner that you look like a boat. This exercise not only improves back muscles but also maintains a healthy gut and strong arms.