Top Driving Schools in Dubai and Documents required to apply for a Driver’s License
Here are the 5 Top driving schools in Dubai endorsed by the RTA. Each school has multiple branches across the city, which offer convenient access to applicants. So, it doesn’t really matter where your Dubai rental apartment is located. You’ll always find an RTA approved driving school nearby.
AL AHLI DRIVING SCHOOL
- Contact: +971-4-341-1500
- Location: Al Quoz
BELHASA DRIVING CENTER
- Contact: +971-4-324-3535
- Location: Al Wasl
DUBAI DRIVING CENTER
- Contact: +971-4-345-5855
- Location: Al Mina
EMIRATES DRIVING INSTITUTE
- Contact: +971-4-263-1100
- Location: Al Qusais
GALADARI DRIVING SCHOOL
- Contact: +971-4-267-6166
- Location: Al Qusais
Documents required to apply for a Driver’s License
Emiratis only require their valid Emirates ID to apply for a Dubai driving course. The Dubai driving licence requirements are different for expats. If you’re a foreigner living in Dubai, you need to submit:
- Your Emirates ID (copy and original)
- Your passport with visa page (copy)
- Passport size photos (at least 8)
- Your eye test results
Tips to Pass the RTA Road Test
- Dress to impress. You should look and feel like a busy professional.
- Avoid wearing sunglasses. The examiner checks your eye movements while you drive.
- Obey the examiner. Don’t argue or question their instructions.
- Adjust your mirror and seat. Fasten your seat belt and ask others to do it too.
- Check the handbrake and get the gear right before you start.
- Maintain a modest speed within the speed limit and drive confidently.
- Upon entering the main road, always stop at the STOP sign. Even if the lane is clear, wait for at least 3 seconds.
- Maintain a safe distance between your car and the one in front of you.
- Change lanes after checking both the side and rear view mirrors. Check the blind spot before you give an indicator.
- Wait for at least 3 seconds at the STOP line on a T-Junction and then slowly enter.
- Avoid applying hard brakes at all costs.
- Enter a roundabout only when the left side of the road is clear. Always exit with a ‘RIGHT’ indicator.
- Park the car on the side, just like the examiner asks you to.