Quick Recipes: Caramel Custard
2/3 Cup Sugar
1 Tablespoon Cold Water
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
2 Cups Milk
3 Inch Stick Cinnamon
2 Green Cardamon(Crushed)
3 Whole Cloves
- In a small piece of muslin cloth, combine cloves, cardamom and cinnamon and place in a pan with milk and water, set aside.
- In a small heavy bottom pan, mix water and sugar. Stir gently until the sugar dissolves. Place pan over high heat and cook until it is medium-amber in color.
- Immediately pour caramel into a 9 inch soufflé dish; tilt and swirl dish to evenly coat the bottom and halfway up the sides. Set aside.
- Heat milk and spices until steaming hot; remove and let it cool slightly. Discard the spices.
- In another bowl beat eggs and remaining 1/3 cup sugar; gradually add the milk, blending with a fork. Pour egg mixture into the prepared soufflé dish.
- Place dish into a large baking pan which is at least 2 inches deep. Add enough boiling water to the larger pan to come half way up sides of the soufflé dish.
- Place in an preheated oven at 350 degrees F and bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until set.
- Remove dish from hot water, cover and refrigerate for at least 5 hours. Unmold and serve.